We wish you and your loved ones a healthy and a happy holiday season this year and a peaceful New Year.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
We look forward to serving you in 2021 and beyond!
Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
Marista Jorve (nee Lane)
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
Jan 14, 2021
Public Disclosure, Washington
- Spokane leaders should ignore violent union rhetoric, follow citizens’ transparency demands and city law, Spokane
Public Disclosure/FOIA, Federal
- New Congress Called on to Fix Public Records Delays, Political Manipulation, Congress
- CIA releases entire collection of UFO-related documents to truth-seeking website, CIA (YES!!!)
- CIA unexpectedly releases all of its documents on UFOs, CIA
- DC Circ. Dubious Of FBI FOIA Claims In Fake News Case, FBI (Paywall, very frustrating)
- Descendants of Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes Association sends FOIA request seeking Creek Freedmen information, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Public Disclosure/FOIA, States
- Supervisors OK Plan For More County Government Transparency, California
- Judge orders North Port and former commissioner to produce records in Sunshine Law suit, Florida
- Judge rules Lee County school district violated public records act, Florida
- Will County Court ordered Sheriff to release 911 calls/transcripts under FOIA, Illinois
- OPINION: Adventures in FOIA requesting, Michigan
- Government transparency is top priority for House Republicans in 2021, Michigan
Open Gov’t, Washington
- Session preview: Off to the races State and Idaho
- Olympia fence isn’t Berlin Wall, but closing state Capitol sadly necessary – for now Olympia, State
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1st. In order to view your “Members Only” pages please re-register your profile using this link https://wa-pro.org/register/ . Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you.