Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
2021 Spring Training
We would love to have you join us at our 2021 WAPRO Spring Training Virtual Conference.
General Session: Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 at 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Breakout Sessions: Thursday, May 20th, 2021 at 8:00 am – 12:15 pm
Virtual Conference: Login instructions will be sent to registrants the week prior to conference date.
Agenda: See what’s on the agenda during the event. View Agenda
Conference Cost: Members: $60 | Non Members: $85
If you have any additional questions about the event, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
May 14, 2021
- ACLU, Disability Rights Washington fighting release of records tied to Washington’s transgender prison population
- Public records requests mishandled after Seattle mayor’s texts went missing, commission finds
- Not just the mayor: Text messages of Seattle police and fire chiefs from June 2020 also missing
- Unwilling to negotiate in public, labor union sues Spokane over new charter rule on bargaining
- The JLARC Public Records Reporting System is now open for reporting 2020 data
- Sunshine Committee Meeting May 18
- Local Records Grant Program: New round of funding available to local governments statewide
Around the Country
- Bucks County coroner: Commissioners’ $1 million cut to office violated Sunshine law, PA
- Judge: Public records requests don’t have to be emailed, OK
- Your Right To Know: Officials use digital dodges to hide records, WI
- In Effort to Increase Transparency, AG Bonta to Accelerate Release of Peace Officer Use-of-Force and Misconduct Records, CA
- North Carolina Senate approves government transparency bill, NC
- Open Records: Augusta demands court reconsider order to release fire chief finalists records, GA
- Citing Debunked Study, Nakagiri Seeks FOIA Of COVID Evidence, MI
- USC promises transparency but will begin charging to release public records, SC
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1st. In order to view your “Members Only” pages please re-register your profile using this link https://wa-pro.org/register/ . Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office email@example.com and we will be able to help you.