Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Brandie Marshall||Melissa Hart-McCain|
|Jin Yi||Audrey Hoover|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
July 02, 2020
Public Disclosure, Washington
Public Disclosure, National
- Why eDiscovery Software Is the Perfect Solution for FOIA Requests (Technology)
- FOIA Roundup: Cities pass more police transparency measures
- Gov. DeSantis hides no-bid COVID contracts from public in defiance of state law, Florida
- Iowa State Fair meeting was affront to open government, Iowa
- St. Louis circuit attorney sued again over alleged Sunshine Law violations, Missouri
- North Augusta resident files initial brief in city’s FOIA appeal, South Carolina
- New judge releases contract requested in 2011 under FOIA, South Carolina
Open Gov’t, Washington
Dear WAPRO Community,
It is with heavy hearts to let you know that we are mourning the loss of our President, friend, colleague, and mentor, Sheila Friend Gray, who passed March 17th, 2020. She was a committed public servant. Sheila served on the WAPRO Board for over 5 years. She was widely respected throughout Washington State. Sheila was passionate about education on compliance with RCW 42.56 for public employees and believed strongly in our mission. She was also an expert in her field of public records and tackled significant issues in the public records arena, including body cameras in law enforcement. She stood out by her actions, attitude, guidance, and her warm smile. Sheila was always dedicated to her family whom she loved immensely. Our hearts ache to know the world is a little less bright because of her passing.
See full announcement here
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1st. In order to view your “Members Only” pages please re-register your profile using this link https://wa-pro.org/register/ . Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office email@example.com and we will be able to help you.