Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Lisa Anderson||Cori Russell|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
Oct 15, 2020
Public Disclosure, Washington
- Tell us: Have you had trouble getting public information during the pandemic?
- Seattle Children’s appeals court order to release mold-related records
Public Disclosure/FOIA, National
- Public Disclosure of Presidential Illnesses: The Discouraging History
- FDA Redactions Upheld in FOIA Suit for Drug Approval Documents, Food and Drug Administration
- Council on American-Islamic Relations wins FOIA ruling over CBP’s Iranian detective, Customs and Border Protection
- Agencies Need Guidance to Establish Comprehensive Data Inventories; Information on Their Progress is Limited, Gov’t Accountability Office
Public Disclosure/FOIA, States
- Public Records Act Request Not Exempt From Bond Requirement, C.A. Holds, California (Retention)
- Sunshine Law Advocate Says Sebastian “Taxpayers Should Not Be Responsible” for Violations, Florida (Personal liability)
- Wood River is following the law for FOIA requests, Illinois (Opinion)
- Buffalo judge denies police union attempt to block police disciplinary records,, New York
- Virginia State Police launches new FOIA request site, Virginia
- Herring: Localities may not modify, extend FOIA deadlines, Virginia
- Judge Rules Prince William Schools Superintendent’s Twitter DMs Not Subject to FOIA, Virginia
Open Gov’t, States
Open Gov’t, International
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1st. In order to view your “Members Only” pages please re-register your profile using this link https://wa-pro.org/register/ . Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you.