Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Amy Nay||Cheryl Xanthos|
|Sandra Madison||Lisa Shupe|
|Cerena Ellison||Marlena Hicks|
|Patricia Andersen||Pamela Herman|
|Heather Jones||Kristina Thurstonson|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
Oct 15, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects appeal of Washington state law giving unions access to worker data
- As pandemic rages on, Spokane health district employees say poor leadership is driving dozens to leave agency
- Facebook provided false testimony in campaign transparency lawsuit, Washington attorney general says
- Prop. 10 seeks to free up funds for Clark County Sheriff’s Office bodycams
Around the Country
- Open records request backlash in Hamilton County prompts questions about legality, TN
- Open records lawsuit filed over GOP election investigation, WI
- Open government advocates blast Washoe County proposal to hike public records fees, NV
- Pennsylvania House OKs bill to make more pandemic data publicly available, PA
- New California law expands public access to police misconduct records, CA
- Lawsuit says video of St. Louis jail altercation destroyed or withheld, MO
- ALGORITHMS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: HOW DO WE ENSURE THEY SERVE THE COMMON GOOD, NOT ABUSES OF POWER?
The WAPRO Fall conference is a few weeks away and registration is open. The cost for the spring conference is $65.00 for WAPRO members and $95.00 for non-members. You still have time to join us. Register here: Fall Conference.
You will find information on what each of the committees have accomplished in 2021 for its membership and their goals for 2022 at this link: Annual Committee Reports.
If you would like to volunteer for one of the committees in 2022 please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch after the fall conference.
WAPRO Membership – It is that time of year to renew your annual membership! Memberships will be active from now through November 30, 2021.
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1, 2020. In order to view your “Members Only” pages, please re-register your profile. Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office email@example.com and we will be able to help you.