Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Mathew Jaeger||Joey Grant|
|Ingrid Boswell||Michelle Terry|
|Aimee Rosse||Harold McNeal|
|Johanna Loomis||Mary Leider|
|Baiely Silva||Jonathan Bibler|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
July 22, 2022
- King County Elections calls for removal of unauthorized signs near ballot drop boxes
- In Washington, County Auditor Elections Become Battleground For Far-Right Election Deniers
- Notice to DRS Members and Retirees – Public Records Request
- Washington ranked No. 1 for regulating campaign cash
- Blasko to resign, get nearly $396K in severance with Monroe schools
- Most NDAs are now outlawed in Washington state. Will whistleblowers speak up?
Around the Country
- Late North Dakota attorney general’s assistant resigns after emails wiped, ND
- Media Outlets Lawyer Up to Get Uvalde Shooting Records, TX
- Ex-Louisville officer’s charges in Breonna Taylor raid erased from public record, KY
- DEA Sued Over ‘Unlawful’ Delays On Psychedelic And Marijuana Public Records Requests Through FOIA
- Lawsuit Seeks Energy Department Documents on Overdue Grid Study
- The National Archives is looking into reports that the Secret Service deleted texts
WAPRO Membership – It is that time of year to renew your annual membership! Memberships will be active from now through November 2023.
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1, 2020. In order to view your “Members Only” pages, please re-register your profile. Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you.