Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Kendra Hovis||Cynthia Whaley|
|Jennifer Sloan||Georgia Cookson|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
Jan 28, 2022
Around the Country
- Mike Parson vs. Missouri Sunshine Law: Government records don’t belong to politicians, MO
- Indiana lawmakers roll back curriculum transparency bills, IN
- Because an email went to spam, a lawmaker wants all FOIA requests made by certified mail, VA
- Kentucky lawmakers revive bill to block release of information about public officials, KY
- Advocacy group calls for more transparency and accountability for county boards of elections, NY
- Prosecutor: Texas Attorney General Violated Open Records Law, TX
WAPRO Membership – It is that time of year to renew your annual membership! Memberships will be active from now through November 2022.
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1, 2020. In order to view your “Members Only” pages, please re-register your profile. Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office email@example.com and we will be able to help you.