Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Lisa Anderson||Cori Russell|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
September 18, 2020
Public Disclosure, Washington
- Washington State Patrol Emails Reveal Debate and Frustration Over Protest Freeway Closures
- Emails show businesses held sway over state coronavirus reopening plans
- Out of the Archives, a newsletter from the Washington State Archives, August 2020
- Recent protests revive push for WA to speed up police reform
Public Disclosure/FOIA, Federal
- NPR files FOIA lawsuit against Department of Homeland Security, DHS
- EPA Publishes “First Ever” Rule Intended to Promote Transparency in Developing Regulatory, EPA
Public Disclosure/FOIA, States
- Waukesha group prevails in an open records appeal tied to a failed Frame Park baseball stadium, WI
- AG: Orlando Park violated FOIA, lists of blocked social media accounts are public records, FL
- Bill to enhance transparency of criminal records advances in Virginia House, VA
- Georgia wants $22,434 for COVID-19 records, says they’ll be ready next spring, GA
- Journalists Fight Foot-Dragging by Oakland Police on Records Requests, CA
- Bills opening Michigan Legislature, governor to records requests get elusive Senate hearing, MI
- After pledging transparency, Bexar County Sheriff fights to block release of body cam video in shooting of Damien Daniels, TX
Open Gov’t, Washington
Open Gov’t, Federal
- Transparency in coronavirus vaccine development will be key to gaining public trust, expert says, FDA
- President-Elect (two-year term)
- Vice President (one-year term)
- Two Director positions (two-year term for each Director)
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1st. In order to view your “Members Only” pages please re-register your profile using this link https://wa-pro.org/register/ . Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you.