Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities, and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
|Yang Guo||Zuzka Lehocka-Howell|
|Candice Mauracher||Kaylee Cody|
|Mary Ann Kauwe||Sally Shelton|
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
July 23, 2021
- Employment Security’s foot-dragging flouts public-records laws – The Seattle Times
- Emails Reveal Durkan’s Role in Canceling CHOP Anniversary Event; Surveillance Law May Soon Cover Facial Recognition Tech
- Seattle Council adopts ‘civil service’ job protections for public records officers who report to politicians
- THE 2021 SUNSHINE BREAKFAST
Around the Country
- Records of Arizona’s review of the 2020 election must be made public, a judge rules, AZ
- Redistricting fights in Ohio begin, this time with an open records request, OH
- FOIA Decisions Clarify Burden of Proof for Invoking Pre-decisional, Attorney-Client, and Security Measures Exemptions, IL
- Tulsa Race Massacre survivors, descendants filed open records requests regarding ongoing grave excavations, OK
- Wisconsin Assembly appeals ruling it violated open records law, WI
By this notice, the Executive Committee announces the annual call for candidates to fill Officer and Director Positions on the Executive Board of the Washington Association of Public Records Officers (WAPRO). The positions available for election and the terms are as follows:
- Vice President (one-year term);
- Treasurer (two-year term); and
- Two Director positions (two-year term for each Director).
For more information, click here.
WAPRO Membership – It is that time of year to renew your annual membership! Memberships will be active from now through November 30, 2021.
New Website and Member Login
WAPRO has transitioned to a new website on July 1, 2020. In order to view your “Members Only” pages, please re-register your profile. Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office email@example.com and we will be able to help you.