Welcome to WAPRO!
Check out our event calendar for upcoming training opportunities and learn more about our association. Interested in becoming a member? Take a look at our membership options and benefits and join today!
Certified Public Records Officer Designations
Congratulations to the following Public Records Officers who recently received their CPRO designation:
Temporary Restraining Order
The Court granted a preliminary injunction (attached) prohibiting Julian Tarver from requesting records from any state or local agency and relieves agencies from processing any public records requests received from him. The attached order is in effect until the hearing for permanent injunction set for November 3rd.
If you have requests from Tarver currently and have not already alerted AAG Tim Feulner or AAG Cassie VanRoojen who are taking the lead on this matter, please send a copy of the requests you’ve received to their attention at: Tim.email@example.com & Cassie.vanRoojen@atg.wa.gov
Seeking an answer to a specific question? Check out our WAPRO FAQ for featured questions that might relate to your situation.
Transparency News Highlights
July 22, 2022
- King County Elections calls for removal of unauthorized signs near ballot drop boxes
- In Washington, County Auditor Elections Become Battleground For Far-Right Election Deniers
- Notice to DRS Members and Retirees – Public Records Request
- Washington ranked No. 1 for regulating campaign cash
- Blasko to resign, get nearly $396K in severance with Monroe schools
- Most NDAs are now outlawed in Washington state. Will whistleblowers speak up?
Around the Country
- Late North Dakota attorney general’s assistant resigns after emails wiped, ND
- Media Outlets Lawyer Up to Get Uvalde Shooting Records, TX
- Ex-Louisville officer’s charges in Breonna Taylor raid erased from public record, KY
- DEA Sued Over ‘Unlawful’ Delays On Psychedelic And Marijuana Public Records Requests Through FOIA
- Lawsuit Seeks Energy Department Documents on Overdue Grid Study
- The National Archives is looking into reports that the Secret Service deleted texts
WAPRO Membership – It is that time of year to renew your annual membership! Memberships will be active from now through November 2024.
Member Only Login
In order to view your “Members Only” pages, please register your profile. Once we are notified and verify your membership, we will approve your profile on the new website.
***We advise you to clear your Internet cache on all your devices. If you need assistance with your profile or login, please contact the WAPRO office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you.